When I am designing an online course, I use lots of check lists and charts to help guide me. Then, when reading an articles on Three Keys That Make Good Interaction Design Great, these words stood out to me:
- Optimizing: Making daily activities more efficient
- Engaging: Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning
- Empowering: Enabling people to go beyond their limits
- Expressing: Encouraging self expression and/or creativity
- Connecting: Facilitating communication between people and communities
- Disrupting: Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets.
Hello, this list can be used to double check an online course. Are these being represented in the course I’m designing? Why can’t a check list, like this one, be used to help create some dynamic online design? I say “Yes it can!”